Tuesday, January 18, 2005

"...proud 'neath heated brow!" Bob Dylan

There is a person named "Lawrence" who sounds like he's about 17 but claims to have several advanced college degrees and his personal mission seems to be to vanquish Headless Lucy in debate. His absolute obtuseness to anything but the hard core reactionary right- wing view is astounding. If a surgeon chopped his leg off by mistake he'd come out of anesthesia arguing in favor of a 250,000 dollar cap on punitive damages.


"Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rolling high and mighty traps.
Countless fires on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps.
We'll meet on edges soon said I
Proud 'neath heated brow.
Ah! but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now!"

Bob Dylan, "Younger Than Yesterday"



I hope I got the words right. I got them by listening to the Byrds version. The Byrds still sound good. They have some of the best Dylan interpretations that have been done.

Buzzflash News


counter